Monday, December 20, 2010

Day 20


 I have been looking for a cat scratcher for my cat, but the ones at the store were expensive and made out of cardboard. So I decided to look online on how to make one.

What you will need
Cardboard
Hot Glue Card Stock
Carpet Tape
Packing Tape
Ribbon

My dad cut the cardboard 3 inches wide with his band saw (sorry if I seplt that wrong). This literally took 5 minutes. Then I coiled it into circles and put double sided carpet tape at the end of the cardboard and then taped it down with packing tape ( Look at Picture 3 and 4). Keep doing this until you reach your desired size.

I then hot glued card stock on the bottom and tape card stock to the sides and trimmed it up.  Then I glued the non slip shelf lining on the bottom so it won't slide around. My cat has the tendency to leap on things and knocks them over.  Finally I hot glued the ribbon on the bottom. 



Picture 3
Picture 4



3 comments:

  1. Great idea for a frugal gift for your cat or a cat owner!

    Thanks for linking it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The important question... does your cat like it? :>) I saw a similar one of these the other day and couldn't believe I'd never thought of making one. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes ! We were shocked that he loved it due to his pickyness

    ReplyDelete